Our Terms and Conditions
PJN Carpentry & Maintenance: Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (terms) apply to all goods and services ordered from or supplied by Phil Nixon trading as PJN Carpentry & Maintenance (ABN 68 559 284 530) (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our‘).
1. By paying us a deposit or instructing us to begin a job, you (as our client) agree to be bound by these terms.
2. Our quotations are valid for 30 days from the date the quotation is provided.
3. Our quotations are only our best estimates at the time and we reserve the right to revise our quotations at any time before or during the job. We will not proceed with the job until you confirm that you agree to the revised quotation.
4. Our quotations are not offers but invitations to you to make an offer.
5. These terms prevail over our quotations, to the extent of any inconsistency.
6. We will not start your job until you pay us the deposit specified in our quotation, unless we agree otherwise.
7. The deposit is strictly non-refundable. We will use it to purchase some or all of the materials required for your job.
8. We will invoice you at the completion of the job, and we will apply the deposit (if paid) as a credit to our invoice.
9. You must pay us the full amount shown on our invoice, within 5 days of the date of our invoice.
10. You must pay us interest at the rate of 14% per annum on overdue payments, calculated from the due date for payment until the date we receive payment in full (including payment of any accrued interest).
11. You hereby consent to us providing your personal information (including name, phone number, address, email address, and overdue account details) to a debt collection agency of our choice in the event that you do not pay our invoice by the due date. If we do appoint a debt collector to pursue the overdue invoice and interest, you agree that you will also be responsible for all fees and commissions charged by the debt collection agency.
12. You must ensure that you provide us with electricity, and reasonable access to water and toilet facilities while we complete your job.
13. Any statements we provide to you regarding the day or time of completion are merely estimates and you should not rely on them and we will not be responsible for any failure to complete the job by the estimated time given.
14. We will not be responsible for obtaining any planning permits, building permits, or other authorisations required to complete your job (Permits).
15. You agree that, before we commence your job, you have obtained all Permits.
16. You agree to inform us immediately if you notice or suspect any defects in our work, and – if we agree that it is a defect – you must give us a reasonable opportunity to rectify the defect.
17. If you do not comply with clause 16 we will not be responsible for any costs you incur in relation to defects in our work.
18. To the extent permitted by law our liability for a breach of your Rights is excluded, but to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded, is limited to one or more of the following, as determined by us:
a. (in the case of goods) the replacement or repair of the goods, supply of equivalent goods or the payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; and
b. (in the case of services) supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of supplying the services again.
‘Rights’ means all and any terms implied into these terms or otherwise conferred on you by statute or law including, but not limited to, the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).